Monday, September 29, 2008

Did that car just spontaneously combust?

So, as it turns out sleeping on the balcony really can be quite the adventure!
We got ourselves all tucked in and snuggled, and the boy fell asleep.
All of a sudden I heard two small explosions. Were they fireworks, or Gunshots? Should I call the police? Then I heard somebody hollering, and then two more small explosions. Then I heard the sirens. I quickly pulled Tony's camp mattress inside, with him on it! I went back out to get the rest of the 'survival gear' he had believed we would need, seeing as how we would be separated from the house by a sliding glass door all night!
That's when I saw the smoke, lots of smoke. It looked like it was coming out of the back of one of the buildings in my apartment complex. I pulled on some trousers and went to see if everything was O.K. As soon as I got across the parking lot I could see that the fire was across the street. It was a car, and they were hosing it down as I got there.
I'd love to post a link, but I can't seem to find any info about it. Do you know what happened?

1 comment:

R8chel said...

Wow, that sounds like quite the adventure. Maybe before it snows I should come visit so we can take the boy camping the "real" way. :)